Local News

 

Cigarettes set fire to Ontario County home

Cigarettes set fire to Ontario County home

A house in Bristol caught fire about midnight -- the Ontario County Fire Coordinator says because of lit cigarette butts tossed into a plastic pail on the back deck.

The Ontario County Sheriff's Office said the homeowner was awakened by her teenaged brother. The brother and the homeowner's boyfriend used fire extinguishers and a hose to put the fire out by the time the Bristol Fire Department arrived.

Authorities say the siding on one side of the house burned and the residents are temporarily staying elsewhere.

 

More Articles