Monroe Community College President Anne Kress has been appointed to the governor's Common Core Implementation Panel, which will be reviewing the state's rollout of the Common Core standards.
The panel includes national experts, state legislators, parents, educators, and business and community leaders. It will deliver a set of recommendations before the end of the legislative session to improve the Common Core’s implementation.The panel will be chaired by IBM executive Stanley Litow.
Here's the full list of members:
· Stanley S. Litow, Vice President, IBM Corporate Citizenship and Corporate Affairs & President, IBM International Foundation (Chair)
· Senator John Flanagan, Senate Education Committee Chair (Senate appointee)
· Assemblywoman Catherine Nolan, Assembly Education Committee Chair (Assembly appointee)
· Linda Darling-Hammond, Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education, Stanford University Graduate School of Education
· Todd Hathaway, Teacher, East Aurora High School (Erie County)
· Alice Jackson-Jolley, Parent (Westchester County)
· Anne Kress, President, Monroe Community College
· Nick Lawrence, Teacher, East Bronx Academy for the Future (NYC)
· Delia Pompa, Senior Vice President of Programs, National Council of La Raza
· Charles Russo, Superintendent, East Moriches UFSD (Long Island)
· Dan Weisberg, EVP & General Counsel, The New Teacher Project